Here are some questions you can use to guide your research about your target audience:
- Who is your primary target audience and how varied is it? What are its demographics?
- How would you describe the (range of) cultural and educational backgrounds of audience members? How would you describe their experiences with healthcare?
- How would you describe the health literacy of this audience? What does this audience likely know and think about the issues addressed in the Choosing Wisely campaign?
- Why might (or should) your audience care about the Choosing Wisely objectives? What do audience members value about healthcare, and how do these values connect to or compete with those driving the Choosing Wisely campaign?
- What audience healthcare practices most relate to the issues addressed in the Choosing Wisely campaign?
- Where and how might your audience encounter and use texts from a Choosing Wisely campaign? How could you most effectively reach this audience with specific types of texts?
- What experience and familiarity do audience members have with different types of media and texts? What reading/viewing patterns might the audience use when encountering different types of texts?
- What would your audience need and expect from a health campaign and its texts?